Friday, November 5, 2010

All Sorts of Horrible Things About My Mother

I'll have to confess, Mom was not very enthusiastic when I first told her about my blog.  She cautioned me about sharing private information, told me not to "spill my guts," and said in no uncertain terms not to write anything about her.  My response was, "But MA, my blog is called, 'All Sorts of Horrible Things About My Mother!'"

                                                              My mom holding me, 1970

Fortunately, she's now an avid fan of these posts.  As with most of my endeavors, she's cautious and protective at first, and generous and supportive until the end.  She's got a great sense of humor (even though the punchline is usually in the first sentence of her jokes), she is a natural teacher, and she somehow made it look like having four kids in under 6 years in your forties was just fun and easy.

If you have a mother that you love anywhere near as much as I love mine, lucky you, give her a call!

Happy Birthday, Ma!  I love you so much!

Here's another picture of Julio sitting on the toy bed, 'cause I know you'll probably like that better than the adorable picture of you that I posted above:


I wish I was there to celebrate with you!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!